In this article, You will learn how to choose the right e-commerce software for your online store and business. Choosing an eCommerce platform for an online business is one of the toughest, if not the biggest decisions an entrepreneur will have to make. If this choice is made in a hurry, without the right information, they risk investing time and money into a platform that will not meet their needs. The initial costs associated with choosing the wrong e-commerce platform can significantly impact the success and longevity of their business.
Choosing The Right eCommerce Software For Your Needs
Prospective e-commerce clients will be asking how should we approach our online business. But the first question no one is telling them is answering questions like:
- What is your online store need?
- What tools are integral to your business?
- What type of online store will you be running?
- And ultimately, what capacity are you ready to operate?
These needs will have to be navigated as it varies from individual store owners. When these are done, you should be able to have a clear part of what you need for your online store and what eCommerce platform or tools will best serve your needs.
In today’s market, there are two main types of platforms for e-commerce business owners:
- Fully-hosted e-commerce platforms
- Open source e-commerce platforms
A fully-hosted e-commerce platform gives you the freedom to automate most of the daunting task so you don’t have to waste time with tweaking and designing. Which can also require coding or programming experience. With fully-hosted e-commerce platform, you just focus on products and sales and also responding to your customer need by improvising sales.
But an open source e-commerce platforms means you have to do a lot of the heavy lifting yourself. This like getting your own hosting, security, POS, kits, and apps, designing of website, tweaking to perfection, demography mapping and a whole lot of other shenanigans which can take ages. Meaning if you are not vast with computer programing of coding language, you will spend a lot more on outsourcing and lot of your precious time setting things up.
Today I am not only going to educate you on benefits of Shopify. I will also be letting you know the need to understand the added value that comes with working with a fully-hosted solution all in one best e-commerce software like Shopify.
The benefits of hosted e-commerce are centered around three distinct faces every newbie online store business owner goes through. These stages were identified as a result of user experience and now you can totally leverage on these to quickly grow your online business without repeating the same mistakes. These benefits completely put you in the driver’s seat which means you can spend more time working on things that make you more money instead of wasting time on tweaking, testing, and designing.
These three major benefits are:
1. Shopify Simplifies Selling Your Products Online
Source: Shopify Google Trends for the last five years
With Shopify, you can:
- Easily build your online store from scratch
- Easily hosted services all under one roof so you don’t waste time looking for one
- Now and easily importing products from your other existing storefronts without many techy issues to worry about.
- Easily overcome the many challenges that are associated with starting an online store afresh. These challenges are more often not expected by many entrepreneurs.
- Shopify hosted eCommerce platforms offer a turnkey solution that removes many of these early stage barriers.
If you decide to go with a hosted e-commerce platform like Shopify, you will:
- Have the opportunity to start selling quicker.
- Gain access to a hosted platforms that offer a simplified store setup process and easy day-to-day management, through robust content management systems (CMS). These are uncommon when compared to other open-source counterparts
- You will have an all-in-one commerce solution with the best e-commerce software out there in the market.
- Enjoy a native hosting for your online store.
- You will experience a great shopping cart functionality
- You will have access to sales channel integrations with no additional fees or integrations which by the way can save you plenty time and huge financial investment that would otherwise exist with open source platforms.
2. With Shopify, Your Online Store Is Ready for optimization
Store optimization is not only part of the launch phase. No! It is also an ongoing requirement for many online business owners. The great news is that a hosted e-commerce platforms offer several advantages for optimization compared to open-source options.
These key benefits include:
- Easy access to extensions. Easily build the store of your dreams with the functionality you need, through robust third-party apps and integrations.
- An ever-evolving product. Hosted platforms, like Shopify, host hundreds of thousands of stores, so they regularly are pushing new improvements to ensure all sites are built with industry-leading best practices. This a huge difference and an advantage compared to open source counterparts.
3. Shopify Simplified Store Maintenance
A fully-hosted platform like Shopify helps simplify store maintenance so that you the entrepreneurs can focus on what really matters to you. Which could be running and growing your online businesses and finding new ways to make more money from your fully-hosted online store.
In general, most hosted e-commerce platforms offer merchants:
- An army behind your business which means going fully-hosted, you get access to 24/7 technical support and ongoing platform maintenance to reduce downtime and keep your business running smoothly.
- Access to industry-leading security. This is because, fully-hosted platforms like Shopify looks after SSL certification, security patches, and much more, to ensure you can rest easy knowing your business and customers are secure.
It is first of all very important that you understand the benefits of a hosted e-commerce platforms before you can actually decide which type product or service you want to sell on your online store. In my researches, I have seen a lot of folks who get this confused most times. Some even asked if they can just set up an online store with any content management system like WordPress slap PayPal buy button on it.
Yes you can this just that but only if you know what you are doing and
- If you are ready to do lots of coding,
- Know which point of sale to use
- Know which payment integration
- Know which payment gateway suits you and how to negotiate for it
- Which credit card transaction detail security and encryption to implement
- Know the various laws governing credit card transactions and security, and a lot more issues to deal with.
These problems are faced by entrepreneurs who chose to go with an open source e-commerce platform with the hope of saving money and doing it themselves.
Thanks to this article, you are now educated on the differences between fully-hosted e-commerce like Shopify and an open source e-commerce platform and why you should go for the fully-hosted ones.
Benefits Of Selling With Shopify
If you are looking for a very specific functionality in your e-commerce platform, then it is important to know that Shopify has what I will call tailor-made specific solutions that will suit any online store needs. Thes benefits are matched with an overall successful performance as experienced by many entrepreneurs who are enjoying the benefits of selling with Shopify today.
Shopify is dedicated to streamlining the e-commerce experience for both merchants and their customers, by offering a robust and easy-to-use platform that is constantly evolving to stay at the forefront of an ever-changing industry.
Below is a set of key benefits and core features that your clients can expect from Shopify.
- A home for your client’s brand Shopify is completely agnostic to design and front-end technology. With full storefront customization, no product limits, powerful analytics, and much more — Shopify isn’t just a house for your online store or online business and brand but can be designed into a permanent home.
- Store management made easy Our hassle-free, merchant-focused e-commerce management system means you can smoothly handoff your work to clients with minimal training and support debt.
- Your clients can amplify their business success with access to our award-winning 24/7 support network, in-depth documentation, online forums, and educational content from our Ecommerce University.
- Enjoy more sales channels. You can sell anywhere your customers are because Shopify offers more sales channels, payment gateways, and integration products than any other e-commerce provider, offering you a unified platform to sell anywhere your customers are now or will be in the future. From Amazon and Pinterest, and even Instagram to Messenger and Shopify POS, you can check out all Shopify’s sales channels on the Shopify App Store.
- Rest easy knowing your business is safe Shopify incorporates industry-leading security features into every product, like 256-bit SSL certificates, Level-1 PCI compliance, and 99.9% uptime with 24/7 monitoring — allowing you to breathe easy knowing your online store, and your customers, are always protected.
- Enhanced customization with Shopify Apps Shopify proudly boasts more than 1,500 apps that allow merchants to build their businesses the way they want them to perform.
These added benefits from apps include:
- Aditional functionality to your storefront which means stuff like, pop-ups, chat utilities, product reviews and many more.
- Extended power of Shopify admin like shipping options, inventory management, enhanced reporting, and much more.
- Third party integrations. You can easily integrate your business with the most popular third-party business software like Quickbooks, MailChimp, iContact, ConvertKit, Xero, and much more.
These are just a few of technical and business characteristics that renders Shopify very perfect for any online store and business needs, You can read a full review of Shopify here on this site and you can watch this free video to learn how to increase your business sale on Shopify if you are just starting out. If you haven’t integrated your online store with Instagram yet, learn how to do so here now under four minutes.
Shopify is top of the chain world’s leading multi-channel commerce platform, powering more than 400,000 businesses who have collectively sold more than $34 billion worth of products online or in-person.
It offers a fully customizable website, online store, and blogging platform which is a very important tool for directly connecting with your customers. You can fully understand their shopping habits by constantly blogging about your online store and products.
Shopify has limitless potential and opportunity to grow your business – Unlimited bandwidth, product inventory, and customer data.
You can literally sell anywhere your customers are with full access to multiple sales channels like Amazon, Facebook, Pinterest, and more.
Year to year, they boast of store management made easy 24/7 award-winning customer support.
You will definitely rest easy knowing full well your business is safe. This is achieved through their industry-leading security and reliability with 256-bit SSL certificates, Level-1 PCI compliance, and 99.9% uptime.
Feel free to ask any question or comment in the box below and I will get back to you immediately.